Tuesday, August 19, 2008

it's raining, it's pouring!

Well, I am surviving life. I met with one of my advisors (I'm so important that I have TWO advisors...) and after many e-mails, meetings, tears and other needless drama I think I will actually get to graduate on time and without any more math for the most part. That is such a relief. I haven't talked about it much with any one but that is SO many years of stress taken off of me that some times I still forget it's over and get stressed out haha!


So, I'm taking a serious break from life before school starts. This is probably my last real summer and in a few weeks I am going to be stressed out with all that homework, so I'm officially doing nothing that involves responsibility for a few weeks. Well, except the interview for campus concierge that Morgan helped me with, and the car repair (just matience actually) but besides that, I'm going to sleep in, go party and really just do what I want for a few weeks, and I'm definately not going to apologize. Ya know how sometimes people make you feel like you are wasting your life because you're not constantly busy or doing something that they would view as productive? Well I'm not going to let anybody make me feel that way. I am doing something very productive. I am, in a way, figuring myself out by taking this time out for myself. I have spent so much of my time trying to fulfil requirements and made deadlines lately that I've almost forgotten the things that truly make me happy. Furthermore, I don't know what new things could make me happy. So I really want to figure those things out soon. I don't have a plan yet, but I will soon, and it will be good.

My goal for the rest of summer is to try something new each day. Again, I'm not sure how to accomplish this, but I will play it by ear. In a way, I think that makes more sense than to plan out my life to make sure I accomplish my goal. I just have to, as we said in Norway "Let it happen."

2 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Kristin,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working out for you and that you will graduate on time with little or no more math! I think that all of us (your roommates) were worried for you at one point or another this summer because of the stress your class was causing you. I know that I was.

I hope that the rest of your summer is amazing and that you can just enjoy having so few responsibilities for the next few weeks - before things get really crazy. You deserve to have a break!